Followers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Helping to shoulder the load...

It has always been my opinion that your closest friends and family are in your life to help you and share with you. In times of joy they reap in the rewards of good fortune with you. In times of sorrow they help you shoulder the load. I'm writing this post roughly 12 hours after getting a phone call that a friend hopes to never receive from another.

Hey lady..


Hey..


How are you?


We're saying goodbye tonight


....


A fairly simple exchange in and of itself, but one that is immediately altering to the dynamic of a friendship.  My first thought after I got off the phone was I will help you bear this, we will help you and yours bear this.

I have no words for the place my head and heart is in this morning. I simply know that I will help bear the burden along with many, many others. In silence, with our words, and with our actions... so many have already come together in love for this family. Little Ewan touched more lives in his two weeks on this earth than many will ever do in the decades given them. I know that I was deeply touched by his battle with CHD, his strength, and his parents' faith and understanding.

They humble me and honor me by allowing me to help bear this load.

www.team-ewan.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment