Followers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Introducing. . . US!

Our wedding was unfortunately a small one. Sure it was beautiful and I wouldn't trade it for a darned thing in the whole world, but it was small. As a result of it's size . . . and possibly due to the abruptness with which we decided to get married, many members of our family and friends have not yet had the pleasure of meeting either myself or Mike.This makes us both sad.

But wait! I have hit upon a solution: I will simpy introduce us here! Check past the break to actually get to know us!



Family, friends of Mari? Meet Mike! I thought I would start with Mike, since to start with myself would mean that I have to write about myself. Bleh!

I could expound on how wonderful Mike is, and how we're meant for each other etc, but I think you can make that assumption based on the fac that we got married. Or I hope you can. Instead, we'll just focus on who Mike is.

Work:
Mike works in the pest control industry (let's face it... someone has to) A supervisor for a small business here in Washington, he's managed to get his pest control license, and generally excells at all things pesty. (I know it's not a work, but pest control isn't exactly a titillating subject)

Family
I've managed to inherit two, younger, brothers-in-law whom I adore. They are each possesing of unique traits, and I now understand why my mom said that I should be happy with the sisters I had growing up. Boys are just... well... boys. (Many of you will note that I'm not exactly the girliest of girls... but that doesn't mean that I would have ever fully gotten a brother... brothers are unique unto themselves) His parents are wonderful, and accepted me the moment they met me. I've felt right at home since we met.

There are others in this wacky family, a few in beautiful Colorado, some in Wisconsin. Most I haven't met, and really that's what this loverly blog is for!

Other things
I'm sure you're all wondering how long I am going to drone on about family matters. I assure you, dear readers, that I am done. We're on to the meat of the matter.
My wonderful husband is a lover of all things outside, he would rather be camping or skiing than watching TV, but if he has to watch TV it is usually on one of the Discovery channels. (Animal planet, History etc). It is (though I don't ski) one of the things I love most about him. He is continually pushing me, and others around him, to do better and try harder at the things that we want to do. He's an excellent cook, and can whip up pretty much anything given whatever ingredients happen to be lying about the pantry. He is sarcastic, and funny and I'm just generally sure that everyone will like him within moments of meeting him.
Dear family and friends... what you should be getting here is that he's a hoot, come over and visit, or give us a call the next time you're in town! Seriously!


Family, friends of Mike? Meet me!


Work:
I work for T-Mobile, and have since '99. I've spanned most of their departments, ranging from yucky call centers and retail stores all the way to my current position in their Cash Applications department. I'd go into what the department does, but it would take all day. Missing Payments... let your thoughts run wild with that one!

Family:
Along with some general craziness, poor Mike has inherited 3 sisters-in-law, one may-as-well-be-sister-in-law (seriously Bee... you may as well be), a couple of step siblings, my mom and Bob, and my Dad and Stepmother. I tell ya I'm brimming with family running around.

I also have family in other parts, some of whom have met Mike others who haven't. California, Oregon, Arkansas and other assorted places... we're lookin at you!

Other things
Well, I'm sure that you've now gathered that my family is a large one. We're also completely nuts (you know all the good ones are!) so there you go! On to other things that make me ... well... me! Mike is generally disgusted by how much I read, how quickly I do so... and how much I actually retain when reading. I think he's just jealous, but it is one of my favorite past times. (Keeps me busy when he's off skiing) I also love to camp, and am slowly introducing my poor husband to the wonderful world of dog shows. (I fully embrace the nerd, just so you know... and the people are great.) I love a great glass of wine, and am always willing to learn new stuff to keep me on my toes.

That's us! Also? I really think that's probably pleanty for one post, really... I've yammered on long enough. I'm sure you'll get to know us more, the longer you hang around here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment