Followers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Winter is coming

I'm just going to come right out and say it...


I'm a nerd. 

I'm not an over the top, in your face sort of nerd. But I am very definitely a nerd. I'd rather be reading than nearly anything else. (I can devour 300+ pages in a few short hours) One of my favorite things is adaptations. I just cannot help but be fascinated when things go from print to screen.. and what happens in that transition. (One notable exception to this rule would have to be the travesty that was Eragon.. if you're one of the few that loved that movie, you clearly did not read the books at all)

One of my favorite series of all time are by George RR Martin. His A Song of Ice and Fire. Happily enough, two years ago an announcement was made to the effect that HBO had picked up the rights to the fabulous series. I haven't talked about it much at all here, preferring to lurk over at WIC's blog, but the show was eventually picked up and will be coming to a TV near you in 2011. Principal photography is underway and, prior to True Blood's season finale on Sunday, HBO released a little featurette with behind the scenes footage. I'm excited. Heck, I'm over the moon! Take a peek:



For more information on this sure to be fabulous show, you can visit www.winter-is-coming.net , or HBO's site. I hope you'll be just as excited as I am!

0 comments:

Post a Comment