Followers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Injured in the City

We were set to start our big push to get conditioned for one of the larger hikes we want to take on later this season. To get our new boots on Saturday and start breaking them in, so we don't hurt ourselves... then it struck. Injury.

I'll give you the short of it for me... since we're not really sure what the long of it is. Torn rotator cuff. OUCH! I'll add the caveat here that it's a super minor tear. No surgery is scheduled, no cortisone shots... just a lot of rest has been prescribed, whith an icing regimine that I'm having a hard time sticking to. We still got our  boots Saturday and even started the lovely process of breaking them in. However, I will say that I didn't realize how much you use your shoulder until it's injured.

Next up, hubby injured himself. Apparently he couldn't leave me in pain alone and felt the need to join me... by attempting to break his knee at work. I don't have all the details there either, suffice to say he is not walking well.

We'll be picking back up where we left off when he's less limpy. . . and that just about wraps up the last week.

Have fun out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment