Followers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday Wrap-Up

New to the blog this week… me actually writing! I kid, I kid. We’re going to introduce something that I hope that both hubby and I can keep up with : Wednesday Wrap-Ups!

I know that plenty of people use the end/beginning of the week for catch-ups etc, but I rather prefer Wednesdays! Why, you ask? Because I do! Nah, really because it is the least busy day of the week for us to let you know what’s goin’ on in our lives.

Hiking Season is upon us!

Hubs and I are both very excited for hiking season to be basically upon us. As has been previously mentioned, we are both lovers of being in the out of doors, and have been away from it for far too long. We’re going to hit our first trail this weekend as a kick-off to the season, and hope to be out most weekends until the weather turns on us. We’ll be starting with the simple, but often over-looked, Snoqualmie falls trail. We may or may not actually do the one at the falls down to the bottom, I kind of had my heart set on the evac trail that goes up to the falls. We shall see, we shall see.

The acquisition of new boots is imminent, and will likely also happen this weekend, so we may select a much shorter trail to break them in.

Vacation Prepping

We’ll be heading out in just over a month and a half to visit the Wisconsin chapter of the Joneses. I’ve met a couple of them in the past (Elize is my new facebook friend and I heart her for that), but I will be meeting several members of the family for the first time. We’ve discussed our travel plans, and realized that we will need to be investing in some shiny new luggage shortly. If anyone sees a sale, let me know! (I will also interject here that I use any trip as an excuse to invest in new shoes… mayhap some clothes as well)
Battling the Bulge

We’ll be honest, we both managed to pack on quite a few pounds over the winter. Ahhhhh let’s face it… over the last couple years we’ve packed some on. I know that it’s something that happens but darn it, we’re not happy with it! The battle has begun! Nothing extreme of course, neither of us are extremists. We’re simply being more intelligent about what we eat, and more active during the week. My co-worker and I are utilizing lunch times to walk together, I’m hitting the Wii Fit in the morning, and Mike and I are playing with the dogs/walking them in the evenings. All told these are very logical things that we should be doing anyway. We just tend to go into hibernation mode in the winter.


Time with Family and Friends

More than anything else, we are working on spending more time with those people who matter most in our lives. Too often we all get wrapped up in our own lives, and forget that there are others out there who need and want to spend time with us. (You know we’re all guilty of it, a forgotten phone call or e-mail and suddenly BAM we haven’t talked to each other in a few weeks, which becomes a few months and suddenly we’re reduced to birthdays and holidays) To that end, we’re hoping to, not necessarily get everyone together at one time, but perhaps call on each of you. Maybe an invitation to dinner, the park… wherever. You’ll hear from us.
Okay – I’m beginning to get long winded… this is never good, because then I simply don’t stop.




Spring is here, and already strutting her stuff. Keep safe and warm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment